How To: Make Your Home Feel Warmer This Fall and Winter
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Six tips from Home and Garden:
1. Dress up an already popular interior color, gray, with lighter gray tones, charcoals, and metallic. Our gold metallic cowhide rug and gray block patch pattern hide are good options to add more texture and color variation to your floor. For the bed, a leather textile pillow or a metallic leather square pattern pillow adds a fun and unique touch more so than your everyday pillow.
3. Place throws or blankets in your room rich in fall colors, such as burnt orange, wine burgundy, or chocolate brown. Our alpaca wool herringbone weave throws come in great colors. You can use them on a sofa, chair, or at the foot of a bed. For a warmer throw, our nutria fur throw in rich deep brown comes trimmed in leather and our shearling throw , made of sheared sheep fur cannot be beat for warmth and texture.
4. Switch up textures and materials and try ones such as fur or suede. Our popular Patagonia sheepskin stools are a great, comfortable option for seating and our alpaca fur or suede pillow add a cozy warm feeling to any environment.
5. The glow of a lit candle adds a taste of winter sensation, they can add fall scents and a warm lifting mood. According to the article "Metallic candles can add a sense of luxury." We recommend taking it a step further and checking out our silver candlesticks adorned with natural horn, bone and even ostrich eggs. They are all one-of-a-kind, and besides adding some warmth, they are always noticed and good conversation pieces. Below are our alpaca silver candlesticks with horn and ostrich egg accents.
6. For those of you who have a fireplace, make a statement using buckets or pots to hold the firewood. If you don't have one, you can always place Birchwood inside for decoration. Our colorful ceramic glazed pots are a great complement to the more rustic looking wood.
How's that for color, texture, warmth and style! Guaranteed to take the edge off winter! You my never want to leave your home!