How To: Make Your Home Feel Warmer This Fall and Winter
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Six tips from Home and Garden:
1. Dress up an already popular interior color, gray, with lighter gray tones, charcoals, and metallic. Our gold metallic cowhide rug and gray block patch pattern hide are good options to add more texture and color variation to your floor. For the bed, a leather textile pillow or a metallic leather square pattern pillow adds a fun and unique touch more so than your everyday pillow.
3. Place throws or blankets in your room rich in fall colors, such as burnt orange, wine burgundy, or chocolate brown. Our alpaca wool herringbone weave throws come in great colors. You can use them on a sofa, chair, or at the foot of a bed. For a warmer throw, our nutria fur throw in rich deep brown comes trimmed in leather and our shearling throw , made of sheared sheep fur cannot be beat for warmth and texture.
4. Switch up textures and materials and try ones such as fur or suede. Our popular Patagonia sheepskin stools are a great, comfortable option for seating and our alpaca fur or suede pillow add a cozy warm feeling to any environment.
5. The glow of a lit candle adds a taste of winter sensation, they can add fall scents and a warm lifting mood. According to the article "Metallic candles can add a sense of luxury." We recommend taking it a step further and checking out our silver candlesticks adorned with natural horn, bone and even ostrich eggs. They are all one-of-a-kind, and besides adding some warmth, they are always noticed and good conversation pieces. Below are our alpaca silver candlesticks with horn and ostrich egg accents.
6. For those of you who have a fireplace, make a statement using buckets or pots to hold the firewood. If you don't have one, you can always place Birchwood inside for decoration. Our colorful ceramic glazed pots are a great complement to the more rustic looking wood.
How's that for color, texture, warmth and style! Guaranteed to take the edge off winter! You my never want to leave your home!
How To: Mix Styles with Confidence
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Unless you are starting from scratch and can afford to buy every last thing for your home at one time, it's completely normal for your aesthetic to develop. This developing aesthetic may still include inherited items, hand-me-downs, "ok for now" pieces, and ones you simply change your mind on.
“Do you do much mixing at home, with the style, age or materials of your furniture? What are your best tips for an eclectic interior that feels effortless?”
The confident mixing of different color, texture, warmth, and style is a skill, so how do you go about acquiring it?
Check out the article here.
Product of the Week: Our Hand Loomed Wool Carpets from Guatemala
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Crafted by artisans using a traditional pedal loom, these carpets are a great combination of wool and cotton that create Mayan and Hispanic inspired shapes and designs. These local weavers are committed to honoring the traditional techniques of craftsmanship that have been passed down through generations. As a result, the products preserve the Mayan culture, promote environmental and social awareness by using recycled materials, and develop sustainable trade opportunities for developing nations.
By purchasing these wool carpets, we help create sustainable communities & employment for the future of Guatemala! Help us help them, Promoting effective value chains and generating better jobs, thus reducing poverty. Help support over 500 Guatemalan artists! Carpets are currently in stock with sizes of 3x5' and 4x6' with the colors and designs shown Here. Hope you enjoy these beautiful pieces of art as much as we do!