Food and Drink: Latin Inspired Recipe #4- Cranberry Passion Fruit Sauce
What's turkey without an amazing cranberry sauce to go with it?? Here's a new spin on the classic Cranberry Sauce. This recipe has both mangoes and passion fruit in it along with jalapeños, making it both spicy and sweet. See how to make it below:
- 2 cups of fresh whole cranberries
- 1 ripe but firm mango, peeled and diced
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeds and membranes removed, diced
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- ½ cup passion fruit juice or orange juice
- 2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- 1 small onion, chopped and sauteed
- orange zest
- Combine the cranberries, diced mango, diced jalapeños, onions, brown sugar, and passion fruit juice in a small pot.
- Cook over medium high heat until the sauce starts to boil, reduce the heat and cook for about 30 minutes or until the cranberries and mangoes are soft.
- Mix in the chopped cilantro and let the sauce cool down. Top with orange zest.